Friday, June 12, 2009

My week and the future of HR

At work this week I helped digitize employment records, worked with a payroll system for the first time and got my first sourcing assignment. For my HRM essentials class I am learning about the various discrimination laws and compliance issues HR professionals face. I made a Google profile and I am learning how to use Outlook. I watched Did You Know 3.0 on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8) and felt it was accurate, mind-boggling and like the US is really behind. The world is changing so fast and technology is a big part of that change. Also read "Memo to CFOs: Don't Trust HR" and it reinforced what I am already learning in my essentials class; that HR has to be more strategic and focus on using human capital to help the organization fulfill it's goals instead of just doing transactional/operational activities which will most likely be outsourced. I'm learning more than I ever imagined and it feels great!!!

Also, learned plenty of new salsa steps and saw Terminator: Salvation which was awesome. I highly recommend if you like action movies.

1 comment:

  1. So... are you finding that HR is right for you through all of your volunteer programs and classes? Is this something that you really want to do?

    Six flags has the new terminator salvation ride!! We should go and bring David!!!!

    ok ttyl!!

    ReplyDelete