Sunday, October 11, 2009

My HR Classes

Last week I started the Effective Performance Management class. It is going to last until December. I have already gotten a brief overview of what performance management is, how messages affect people and the benefits of implementing a performance management system. In my Benefit Plans class I am learning all about health benefits including the difference between traditional medical expense plans and the newer, more widely used managed care plans, which consist of HMOs, PPOs, POSs and Multiple-Option plans. We also discussed the legislation around health benefits such as the HMO Act of 1973, ERISA, COBRA, the Mental Health Parity Act, the Patients' Bill of Rights and the Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act. Lastly, we went over benefit carve-outs. At work

No comments:

Post a Comment