Saturday, October 3, 2009

This weekend - woot woot

There was a lot of stuff going on this weekend; lots of fun activities and events. To start off with, I attended my first Cal Black Alumni Club event at Pican in Oakland on Friday night. It was a homecoming event. I met a lot of great Alums and will be attending more of their events in the future.

Then on Saturday I had my last employee recruitment, selection and placement class. Our teacher Nicole Jackson is a great educator. She really knows a lot about recruiting, especially the legal environment surrounding recruiting and how to get the best talent. I will also miss learning from all of my classmates but effective performance management starts on Wednesday so I should meet new classmates. For our last class we had to do a presentation which I posted on slideshare so go check it out. After class I was walking to the mall and ended up right in the middle of the lovefest parade. It was fun. Good music, people in weird outfits; everyone was just having a good time. After I got my pretzel, I took the BART home. It was packed because of the USC/Cal game. Saturday night I went to the PEERS Sweeney Todd Ball in San Mateo. It was fun. There was singing, dancing and a show. I particularly enjoyed dancing the grand march and being part of the chorus. I met some cool people and can't wait for the vampire ball next month.

On Sunday I got my hair done and went shopping at Macy's. Got some great business clothes. Overall it was a busy but fun weekend. I hope you had a good weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment