Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Social Media Synthesis

Hi readers, today we have a guest post from Sophie. We are both members of the Ning community 20 something bloggers. Check out my blog post at her blog which is funny but may be NSFW. I'll be back soon with my own post I hope; finals and presentations are upon me.

Social Media Synthesis

As a new blogger, I've been venturing into social media with gusto. I randomly chose Wordpress as my blog platform, and from what I've heard it's one of the most sophisticated platforms available. So far I have been extremely pleased with my selection! With the many blogging platforms and social media currently available, my biggest surprise in this foray into blogging has been how easily these media interface with each other. Wordpress has made many widgets available to support applications such as Flickr, Twitter, Meebo, and Vodpod to name a few. The widgets in Wordpress sync effortlessly with their respective applications, making my life as a blogger infinitely easier. Many of these applications also promote instant updating and/or uploading via cellular device, which allows bloggers to share pictures or ideas at the drop of a hat. I think this sort of collaboration and synthesis is fabulous, and makes me excited to explore these media as I continue to my adventures in blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment