Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wicked

I went to see Wicked last weekend at the Orpheum theatre in San Francisco with my boyfriend. I give this musical an A. It had many great qualities. It stayed true to the book, which I suggest everyone read. The woman that played Galinda the Good Witch was a great performer. She brought the role to life and really embodied what I imaged the character to be when I read the book. The costumes and stage setting were well done. The songs had wonderful lyrics and all of the performers sang well. It had some comedy thrown in and it was very engaging the whole way through. Overall, there was nothing I didn't like in the about the musical and I suggest everyone in the Bay Area check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Asha, I've seen Wicked twice (once in Arizona & the second here in San Francisco) and both times were equally amazing! I agree that the comedic parts definitely made it more engaging as well as the overall musical numbers - whether group or individual. I had read the book beforehand and I was happily surprised that the music did not stray too far from the book.

    ReplyDelete